When a visitation order based on a previously filed visitation petition has been entered in this court or a Circuit Court decree has been entered ordering specific visitation, then a Motion to Amend/Review (Form DC-630) may be filed to modify visitation or a Motion to Show Cause (Form DC-635) may be filed for failure to comply with visitation. 

Conversely, if visitation was only ordered as liberal or reasonable, then a new visitation petition (DC Form 511 ) must be filed. If prior visitation was awarded as a result of a visitation petition filed in another Virginia J&DR Court, from which the case was transferred to this court, visitation can be modified upon filing a Motion to Amend/Review (Form DC-630).


For all custody matters (original or modifications) a new petition must be filed on the Court's form DC Form 511.